How Can It Help You
Chiropractic adjustments are often performed to treat chronic pain. But you don’t have to wait for these to occur before you get an adjustment. Chiropractic adjustments can offer you many health benefits, including:
- Improves Immune Response
- Your nervous system controls pretty much everything in your body. It’s connected to your endocrine and immune systems. Through chiropractic adjustments, you help provide a balance between these connections. The immune system keeps your body healthy by fighting off infections.
- Healthier Muscles
- In the same token, chiropractic adjustments help ease muscle tension. By decreasing it, you prevent tearing your muscles. Injured muscles could result in chronic pain.
- Provides Better Balance
- Your balance gets worse as you age. This becomes a problem as you reach old age. This is because falls and similar accidents are a significant source of injury. Falls are the leading cause of accidental death in older people aged over 85.
- Gives More Energy
- A lot of people who get regular chiropractic adjustments experience higher energy levels. This is possible because the procedure takes off pressure on the nerves. Your nervous system functions like the energy and electrical system of your body. Any spinal misalignment can decrease energy flow, causing fatigue and lack of energy.
- Healthier Joints
- Getting chiropractic adjustments can promote joint flexibility. Having an improved range of motion ensures that your joints work well. It will also help you avoid the risk of joint damage or injury, especially if you’re an athlete. If you get injured and recover but with poor flexibility, you run the risk of re-injuring yourself. As you get older, regular adjustments can help prevent inflammation and joint pain.
- Promotes Athletic Performance
- You can help your body get in top shape by reducing pain and inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments help in restoring and maintaining motion, balance, and coordination. Many professional athletes and sports teams hire chiropractors for this purpose. Not only will the technique ease pain and tension from engaging in sports activities, but spinal alignments also reduce inflammation and boost athletic performance.
Other studies suggest that chiropractic adjustments can help with other medical concerns. These include headaches, vertigo, blood pressure, scoliosis, sciatica, stress, neurological conditions, and more.
Chiropractic care has been helping millions of Americans in finding long-term relief. But this treatment is not for everyone. At O’Neill Chiropractic, we can take a look and see if spinal adjustments are suitable for you. Call our office today in N. Charleston, South Carolina at to schedule your consultation.